Sunday, July 5, 2009

My First Marathon!

Ashley and i getting ready to start
Ashley stretching...i mean posing

The lady on the right is a 63 year old woman who has run 44 marathons and will comeplete her 50th one in november. She is running a marathon in every state Her left arm is in a cast, she broke it in a marathon in Wyoming.



Right at the end the large lady on the right passed us and i thought what the he$% im letting her beat me?! Then i didnt care if she beat me but i got a whif of her BO and ashley and I picked up our step and never let her in front of us again.


We got medals!




Ashley and I did a half marathon on the 4th of July, she did a full marathon in Salt Lake before she came home for the summer but i have never done anything like this. Ashley assured me that even in my advanced years i could do it! The last three miles were a killer but thats ok because i thought the last ten miles would be a killer. This marathon was on Sauvie Island near portland, it was beautiful!

5 comments:

  1. Sue, this is IMPRESSIVE! Way to go! What a fun experience with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am so impressed! I totally want to do that too.....but right now I don't think I could even run a couple of miles much less a half marathon! Here's the website for the train thing http://www.ecmrr.org/ and they have an open house in Oct. You should go. Sue you are totally welcome to come over anytime and I would love to show you my garden! Please come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Sue!! How the heck have you been? It has been forever! You look like you and your family are doing great. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to tell you in person but Can't seem to remember but I just wanted to tell you that I would totally do this with you guys, I am impressed. Wish I would have, tell me next year....Krissy wants me to do a triathalon with her Sept 12 in Madras....want to do it with us?

    ReplyDelete